Do you love spicy foods? Spicy foods and junk foods are the first choices of most of the people nowadays. These spicy foods some time cause the heartburn problem. Heartburn is a common painful burning sensation in the chest area above stomach that is caused due to reflux of acid in the esophagus. Acid reflux causes heartburn, vomiting, nausea, burning sensation in your chest, uncomfortable feeling in your stomach and indigestion.
If you ever deal with burning that comes with acid reflux, you might have tried many treatment options to get relief. While over-the-counter medications can give you relief from heartburn but when you have a better option of natural remedies than why to deal with the toxic treatment? There are the number of natural remedies to treat heartburn but ginger in heartburn problem is one of the most effective remedies.
Ginger For Heartburn Problem
Ginger holds a mythical place among natural remedies. It has been using since ancient times for many medicinal and health purposes. It is a central ingredient in Chinese medicine. It is a well-known remedy for digestive process and it also helps to reduce the backup of contents int the esophagus. The beneficial properties of ginger help in the treatment of heartburn.
- Ginger regulates the flow of juices in the digestive system and ensures the proper absorption of foods.
- It has also anti-inflammatory property which helps in reducing the irritation and inflammation.
- Ginger also absorbs the excess stomach acids and aids in proper digestion.
- Ginger also relieves nausea and vomiting.
- It plays an important role in pushing the food through bowels fast and in this way, it prevents the unwanted gas formation in the stomach.
- Ginger in heartburn problem is really effective as it has certain phenols which help to relax the stomach muscles and thus reduces the over- activity of the stomach.
- The shagoals and gingerols present in ginger soothe the taut and stomach muscles by subverting the acids in the stomach.
- Ginger speeds up the digestive process to prevent the buildup of gas.
- Ginger in heartburn works by tightness the lower esophageal sphincter to prevent the back-flow of stomach acid.
- Ginger has also great antioxidant properties that reduce the oxidative stress and also inhibit the growth of superoxide production that can cause heartburn.
- Ginger acts as an antiemetic agent which helps in reduction of nausea and vomiting. Heartburn is one of the most common discomforts occurs due to the acid reflux of stomach that causes nausea and vomiting. The antiemetic properties in reducing the symptoms of heartburn.
- Ginger also accelerates gastric emptying and gut motility. Slow emptying of the stomach due to improper digestion can cause acid secretion and higher chances of acid reflux. Ginger has been shown to increase the gastric emptying rates and thus help in curing heartburn problem.
Now, you might have understood that ginger in heartburn is one of the effective remedies. You can take ginger in many ways. Ginger can be peeled, then grated, sliced or shaved to use when cooking. It can also be eaten raw, steeped in water to make ginger tea or you can also add it to soup, stir-fry, salad or other meals. One of the chemicals present in ginger is an ingredient in some antacids. Ginger is also available in powder, capsule, oil or tea form.
Ginger tea is the best method to avail all the possible health benefits of ginger. You can make ginger tea by boiling crushed ginger in water for few minutes. You can also add honey and lemon juice for better results. Ginger tea promotes proper digestion and helps to stimulate the saliva production and thus removes the acid which has refluxed in esophagus. It is an excellent alkalizing beverage which helps to cure the chest pain associated with heartburn.
You need to use fresh ginger root or ginger powder to make any of the ginger recipes. Drink ginger tea 20 minutes before meals to prevent the acid reflux. Regular consumption of ginger tea will surely cure the heartburn problem and it will also regulate your digestive system. So, stop taking traditional medicine and try ginger in heartburn problem. Your heartburn problem will go away within some days and you can easily enjoy your favorite foods.